Current going through all the pictures of documents I took during a trip to Philadelphia last month, visiting the Historical Society of Pennsylvania for the papers of Benjamin Rush, Henry Drinker, and other Philadelphians who backed William Cooper’s enterprise as well as tried to create their own maple sugar “plantations.” This was a followup to April’s trip to the Hartwick College archives, trawling the Cooper papers for material on his maple sugar scheme of 1790-1791.
- John McPhee, Looking for a Ship
- George Eliot, Middlemarch
- Rebecca West, Black Lamb and Grey Falcon: A Journey Through Yugoslavia
- Robert Charles Wilson, The Affinities
- George Orwell, Homage to Catalonia
- Hannu Rajaniemi, The Quantum Thief
- Karl Marx, Capital, vol. 1
- Kim Stanley Robinson, Red Moon
- Matthew Thomas, Maple King: The Making of a Maple Sugar Empire – reading notes
- Alice Herdan-Zuckmayer, The Farm in the Green Mountains – reading notes
- Yoon Ha Lee, Revenant Gun
- Hannu Rajaniemi, Summerland
- New Japan Pro Wrestling: G1 Climax: Month-long tournament featuring the best pro wrestlers in the world.
- Pittsburgh Pirates baseball: For the next six months baseball broadcasts will be the constant background noise in our house.
Updated Saturday, 6 July 2019